Performing Package Selections Internally
Topics Covered in Course
- Creating a Current State process overview
- Capturing Future State process needs
- Performing a requirements definition
- Mapping and gapping the requirements
- Issuing an RFP (Request for Proposal)
- Consolidating responses into decision grids
- Detailed alignment review
- Agree on top packages
- Scheduling demonstrations
- Performing reference checks
- Final decision review process
- Selecting the package for your organization
- Package Selection Methodology Diagram
- Current State/Future State Process Flow Samples
- Requirements Spreadsheet & Sample
- Gap Design Worksheet
- Request for Proposal (RFP) Template & Sample
- Package Issue Tracking Log
- Reference Check Guidelines
Detailed Course Description
Many organizations choose not to do package selections because they feel like they don’t understand all the steps required to achieve it successfully. Involving an outside vendor requires them to spend most of their time understanding your organizational requirements. The issue? Nobody knows the requirements of your organization better than you and others within your organization.
This online course was created for organizations that need to do any type of package selection and gives them the ability to do all the phases, steps, and tasks with internal resources. We will step through all the necessary methodology steps from gathering requirements and identifying gaps, to creating an RFP for the various package vendors and scheduling references and demonstrations.
Another reason why organizations don’t attempt package selections is from a liability perspective. Nobody wants to own the decision should the package that was selected turn out to be miserable for the organization. Our process will not let that happen. This course will show how organizations can collectively make decisions, at key points in the process, to ensure all decision-makers are involved and updated throughout the entire process. Those decision-makers will be the ones making the ultimate decision and will be involved, to varying degrees, throughout the entire process.
After completing this online course, your organization will be able to effectively and efficiently manage any package selection process.
This course is SCIP Endorsed and part of SCIP On Demand Certification
SCIP certification is part of your subscription cost. You can get certified in none, one, or all SME roadmaps offered by VoiceoftheBusiness Academy.
Obtain your Course Completion Document
You must have an active paid subscription, which will be validated, and successfully pass the online test, for you to obtain a Course Completion Document. Collect the specific Course Completion Documents for a given SME roadmap. When all are obtained for a given SME roadmap, submit those documents to firstname.lastname@example.org in one email and they will issue you a certification (the Course Completion Documents prove you took the course and passed the online test).
After viewing this course, click the Take Test button below.
Course Content Preview