Developing Requirements For Any Project
Topics Covered in Course
- Define key characteristics associated with requirements
- Importance of requirements and project success
- Identify the four primary steps for developing requirements
- Apply certain practices for defining scope
- Construct the System Development Life Cycle
- Construct the major components of a Business Case
- Manage requirement creation with stakeholders
- Identify four major levels of requirements
- Identify the key steps associated with elicitation
- Critical questions for jump starting the elicitation process
- Different sources for the elicitation of requirements
- Types of questions to ask during the elicitation interview
- Objectives behind gap analysis and requirements analysis
- Identify different attributes for building a user profile
- Apply the Use Case diagram as part of your requirements
- Apply gap analysis as part of the requirements process
- Prioritize your requirements into three categories
- Create a test case for your requirements
- Five layers for “baselining” your requirements
- Sources behind changes to your baselined requirements
- Applying change control to all of your requirements
- Identify important characteristics with version control
In process of adding
Detailed Course Description
Why do so many organizations struggle with requirements? There seem to be two paths that organizations follow for requirement definition and management. Some organizations rush through the requirement phase to get to design and implementation, while others have invested in the panacea of requirement tools and processes. Yet many of these organizations appear to be doomed to the schedule slips and budget overruns caused by the iterative rework cycles of poor and incomplete requirement sets.
Requirements have a big impact on project success. Studies show the importance of having a good set of requirements that are clear, complete, correct and consistent, as well as the consequences of not having a good set of requirements. Having poor requirements places projects at risk of significant cost overruns, schedule delays, and performance shortfalls.
This online course will go over the detail required for defining and establishing requirements for any type of project and the common development and management of risks that can impact a project’s success. This course will also go over the strategies necessary to mitigate risk regarding defined requirements to ensure success. Poor requirements represent a significant risk to your project and mitigating these risks, regarding properly defined requirements, can dramatically increase your chances of project success.
This course is SCIP Endorsed and part of SCIP On Demand Certification
SCIP certification is part of your subscription cost.
Obtain your Course Completion Document
When you successfully pass a test - you will obtain a Course Completion document (this proves you took, and passed, that specific course). Collect the specific Course Completion documents for any given SME roadmap - if you successfully pass a test you can download a PDF document - that is your Course Completion document for that specific course. When all are obtained for a given SME roadmap, submit those documents to MWinter@scip.org in one email and SCIP will issue you a Subject Matter Expert personalized certificate.
After viewing this course you can take the test below.
A password is required to start the online test. To obtain your password, click here and your email will be verified to see if you're a current subscriber at the Academy and your password for taking tests will be emailed to you.