Organizational and Individual Blind Spots
Topics Covered in Course
- Increase your awareness of organizational blind spots
- Stats and facts regarding the most prominent blind spots
- Organizational myths
- Organizational performance impacts
- The seven deadly organizational sins
- Ability to investigate unexplored opportunities
- Impacts of overconfidence
- Reframing perspectives
- Hiring correlation and impacts
- How assets can be liabilities
- Identifying unchallenged assumptions
- Capitalizing on your insights
- Blind spots that guide strategy
- Leveraging Porter’s Five Forces predictive analytics model
- Leveraging personalized SWOT Analysis
- Gathering intelligence to confirm/deny
- Steps to Conquer Blind Spots for Good
- SWOT Analysis Diagrams & Examples
- TOWS Analysis Diagram
- Porter’s Five Forces Diagram
- Porter’s Five Forces Example
- 360 Degree Feedback Model
- Blind Spot Avoidance Template
Detailed Course Description
One of the biggest risks an organization faces is the existence of a number of organizational blind spots. Blind spots are areas in which executives fail to notice or understand important information and thus lead their organization into one of any number of traps. These include misjudging industry boundaries, failing to identify emerging competition, falling out of touch with customers, over-emphasizing a competitor’s visible competence, and allowing corporate taboos or lack of foresight to limit their frame of reference. Any one of these mistakes will prevent organizational leaders from taking advantage of the opportunities available to them.
In today's global business world, organizational leaders should assume that all their peers are smart and experienced, but have blind spots just like them. These are automatic behaviors that are not flaws, but they do need to be identified and mitigated by continually asking the right questions as outlined in this course. Otherwise they will undermine organizational performance and may well destroy their legacy when they least expect it. Early learning is a lot easier than a later recovery.
This online course will evaluate various effective and efficient solutions to identify those blind spots and put the processes in-place to ensure awareness and corrective actions are taken. Every organization has its own blind spots. This course will assist you in turning those weaknesses into strategic strengths.
This course is SCIP Endorsed and part of SCIP On Demand Certification
SCIP certification is part of your subscription cost. You can get certified in none, one, or all SME roadmaps offered by VoiceoftheBusiness Academy.
Obtain your Course Completion Document
When you successfully pass a test - you will obtain a Course Completion document (this proves you took, and passed, that specific course). Collect the specific Course Completion documents for any given SME roadmap - if you successfully pass a test you can download a PDF document - that is your Course Completion document for that specific course. When all are obtained for a given SME roadmap, submit those documents to MWinter@scip.org in one email and SCIP will issue you a Subject Matter Expert personalized certificate.
After viewing this course you can take the test below.
A password is required to start the online test. To obtain your password, click here and your email will be verified to see if you're a current subscriber at the Academy and your password for taking tests will be emailed to you.