Topics Covered in Course
- Fundamental leadership concepts
- The reciprocal leadership process
- Connecting to the follower through trust
- Managing versus leading
- Classical and contemporary views of leadership
- Two classical leadership thinkers
- Defining leadership
- Some great contemporary leadership thinkers
- A framework for leadership
- Reinventing relationships to share power
- Proper leadership expectations
- Bridge the gap between leaders and followers
- Establishing confidence
- Rituals of leadership respect
- Leadership inclusion – investing in everyone
- Leadership within the organization
- From collaborative leadership to the learning organization
- Working through the chaos as a leader
- Assessing and developing leadership
- Leadership practices model
- Leadership odyssey
- Leadership and emotional intelligence
- Measuring leadership qualities
- Course Table of Contents
- Diagrams From Course
Detailed Course Description
(** This course can be purchased individually **) This course examines the theories and models of leadership and followership. Environmental factors, organizational objectives, company culture, and individual and group ethical standards will be examined to incorporate situational determinants of leadership effectiveness. We look at aspects that can immediately be applied to achieve greater leadership impact and overall organizational success. In this online course, you will learn about advantages and disadvantages of different leadership styles as well as simple tips for improving employee performance and inspiring employee creativity.
This online course will take you through a journey about leadership. We will dig into the nuts and bolts, things like leadership behavior and characteristics, as well as formal models for measuring and assessing leadership. We will also build a framework for developing leadership at various levels within an organization.
Leadership is the art of motivating a group of people to act toward achieving a common goal. In a business setting, this can mean directing workers and colleagues with a strategy to meet the company's needs.
** BRAND NEW **
This course can now be purchased individually (if you're not ready yet for a full subscription from the Academy). The button below will link you to Udemy where you can view the entire course and obtain all templates.
NOTE: Completing the course on Udemy does not provide credit towards any of our certifications at the Academy - that requires a subscription on this site.
Obtain your Course Completion Document
When you successfully pass a test - you will obtain a Course Completion document (this proves you took, and passed, that specific course). Collect the specific Course Completion documents for any given SME roadmap - if you successfully pass a test you can download a PDF document - that is your Course Completion document for that specific course. When all are obtained for a given SME roadmap, submit those documents to firstname.lastname@example.org in one email and we will issue you a Subject Matter Expert personalized certificate.
After viewing this course you can take the test below.
A password is required to start the online test. To obtain your password, click here and your email will be verified to see if you're a current subscriber at the Academy and your password for taking tests will be emailed to you.