Engaging With Customers by Phone
Topics Covered in Course
- Various phone scenarios and work sessions
- Putting your best ear forward
- How to open a phone conversation
- Listening techniques
- Conveting nonverbal enthusiasm
- Etiquette for helping a customer on the phone
- Summarizing a customer
- Adding your personal touch
- Researching while on a call
- Closing your phone conversation
- Gaining acceptance from the customer
- Worksheet: Putting Your Best Ear Forward
- Worksheet: The Opener
- Worksheet: Between Hello and Goodbye
- Worksheet: Proper Closing of a Call
Detailed Course Description
Conducting business by phone requires a different skill set than dealing with people face-to-face. Listening becomes even more important when you cannot see your customers. If you fail to listen, it is impossible for customer service professionals to pick up on the nonverbal cues that happen when you can see the other person.
This course will teach customer service professionals how to maintain a professional and friendly phone demeanor, keep an ongoing dialogue, asking appropriate questions, and responding appropriately to customers. This course will also teach other important skills to have when interacting with customers by phone.
This course is SCIP Endorsed and part of SCIP On Demand Certification
SCIP certification is part of your subscription cost. You can get certified in none, one, or all SME roadmaps offered by VoiceoftheBusiness Academy.
Obtain your Course Completion Document
You must have an active paid subscription, which will be validated, and successfully pass the online test, for you to obtain a Course Completion Document. Collect the specific Course Completion Documents for any given SME roadmap. When all are obtained for a given SME roadmap, submit those documents to MWinter@scip.org in one email and they will issue you a Subject Matter Expert certificate (the Course Completion Documents prove you took the course and passed the online test).
After viewing this course, click the Take Test button below.