(Part 2 of 2) - Acing Any Job Interview
Topics Covered in Course
- Review interviewing techniques
- Advanced preparation needed prior to interview
- Requirements and pre-interview steps
- Tasks to perform the day of the interview
- Questions and answers to the most commonly asked questions
- Understanding the meaning and intent behind each question
- How to stand out from your competition
- Qualifying questions to ask the interviewer
- Job criteria questions to ask the interviewer
- Closing questions to ask the interviewer
- How to leave a lasting impression
- Weighing your decision regarding the company
- Creating a powerful closing statement
- Interview follow-up best practices
- Proper construction of a Thank You letter
- Blank Worksheet of Course Questions
- Additional Questions and Answers
- Achieving Your Goals
- Creating a Powerful Resume
- Things That Should Be Removed From Your Resume
Detailed Course Description
This is part 2 of a 2 course series. This course will take the fear and apprehension out of the job interviewing process. After taking this course, and practicing the interview questions, answers, and the meaning behind why you are being asked a question, you will feel comfortable and prepared through the whole job interview process, from preparation in advance to following up after the interview is completed. Job interviews are designed to make you feel uncomfortable. Your future employers want to see how you handle stress and work under pressure. And, of course, the best way to handle stress is by being prepared.
The job market is a very competitive place with employers looking for various levels of emotional intelligence and experience depending on the needs they have. Employers are looking for self-confident people who can manage themselves as well as others. They are looking for people who are motivated, flexible, and resourceful.
This course will help you set yourself apart from the competition by knowing and preparing for the questions you are most likely to be asked. After completing this course you’re going to tell employers what they want to hear, you're going to make a positive impression, and you’re going to walk away with the job.
This course is SCIP Endorsed and part of SCIP On Demand Certification
SCIP certification is part of your subscription cost. You can get certified in none, one, or all SME roadmaps offered by VoiceoftheBusiness Academy.
Obtain your Course Completion Document
You must have an active paid subscription, which will be validated, and successfully pass the online test, for you to obtain a Course Completion Document. Collect the specific Course Completion Documents for any given SME roadmap. When all are obtained for a given SME roadmap, submit those documents to MWinter@scip.org in one email and they will issue you a Subject Matter Expert certificate (the Course Completion Documents prove you took the course and passed the online test).
After viewing this course, click the Take Test button below.