Using Social Media for Competitive Intelligence
Topics Covered in Course
- Ethics and legalities in intelligence gathering
- Impact of digital communication to your organization
- Stats and facts regarding social media intelligence
- Organizational trends in social media
- Learning to categorize social media
- Effectively analyzing digital communications
- Lead generation as a by-product
- Mapping people and conversations
- 5 most effective research approaches
- Early detection of risks, opportunities, and trends in social media
- Competitor knowledge through social media research
- Competitors and their customers
- Establishing social media benchmarks
- Ability to identify target groups
- Social media alerts and monitoring of competitors
- Review of proven tools to perform research
- Social media and trade show impacts
- Leveraging SWOT Analysis on social information
- Traditional toolkits versus social-intelligence toolkits
- Implementing a social media organizational strategy
- Competitor Profile Deliverable Example
- Online Competitive Intelligence Tools
- Traditional Tool Kits
Detailed Course Description
As a strategist and a customer executive, you know how important it is to keep track of your competitors, especially where one bad encounter can wreak havoc on your reputation. But what you didn’t know is how easy it is to get measurable and actionable intelligence from online sources and social media.
Every day hundreds of thousands of reviews, tweets, and comments are posted about your organization or your competitors. This course will help you compile, interpret, and apply organizational competitive intelligence strategies to the information uncovered. Research has shown that through analyzing these various social media channels, organizations can extract critical competitor business insights and use them to improve positioning and operations.
This online course provides you with the strategies and resources needed to effectively leverage social media research to provide you and your organization a definitive competitive advantage.
This course is SCIP Endorsed and part of SCIP On Demand Certification
SCIP certification is part of your subscription cost. You can get certified in none, one, or all SME roadmaps offered by VoiceoftheBusiness Academy.
Obtain your Course Completion Document
You must have an active paid subscription, which will be validated, and successfully pass the online test, for you to obtain a Course Completion Document. Collect the specific Course Completion Documents for a given SME roadmap. When all are obtained for a given SME roadmap, submit those documents to firstname.lastname@example.org in one email and they will issue you a certification (the Course Completion Documents prove you took the course and passed the online test).
After viewing this course, click the Take Test button below.