Implementing a Competitor Analysis Intelligence Program
Topics Covered in Course
- Understanding a firm’s competitive position
- Developing competitive strategic and tactical initiatives
- Ethical intelligence gathering rules
- Uncovering your different types of competitors
- Creating competitor analysis grids
- Gathering competitor pricing, tradeshow, positioning intelligence
- Defining your organizations strengths and weaknesses
- Defining your organizations opportunities and threats
- Defining entry barriers to specific markets
- Intelligence Ethics Guidelines
- Competitor Profile Deliverable Template
- Competitor Analysis Grid
- SWOT Analysis Diagrams and Examples
Detailed Course Description
Competitor analysis programs provide a comprehensive overview of your competitive environment as well as detailed competitor profiles covering topics such as competitor characteristics, buyer needs, views on supplier performance, product and price offerings, marketing strategies, financial data, acquisitions and much, much more.
Whether your organization is competing in a mature market with established players or entering an emerging market with unknown local players, your organization’s success will depend on understanding the strengths and vulnerabilities of your competition.
Competitive analysis uncovers what your organization needs to do in order to gain a competitive advantage over competitors. By leveraging the templates and techniques in this online course, you can start positioning your organization from a strategic, tactical, and operational perspective to beat your competition.
This course is SCIP Endorsed and part of SCIP On Demand Certification
SCIP certification is part of your subscription cost. You can get certified in none, one, or all SME roadmaps offered by VoiceoftheBusiness Academy.
Obtain your Course Completion Document
You must have an active paid subscription, which will be validated, and successfully pass the online test, for you to obtain a Course Completion Document. Collect the specific Course Completion Documents for any given SME roadmap. When all are obtained for a given SME roadmap, submit those documents to MWinter@scip.org in one email and they will issue you a Subject Matter Expert certificate (the Course Completion Documents prove you took the course and passed the online test).
After viewing this course, click the Take Test button below.
Course Content Preview